- engaged in problem solving strategies
- practiced solving decimal word problems
- prepared for the upcoming Unit 2A Math Assessment (to be given on Monday, October 27, 2014).
- identified characters, setting, and plot within Fly Away Home by Eve Bunting and in their own text.
- practiced making inferences with Shel Silverstein's "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout" from Where the Sidewalk Ends
- continued learning and identifying the elements of memoirs as well as what memoir authors do
- started to apply the elements of memoir in their own memoirs. They are coming out great!
Kudos to everyone for their participation in Red Ribbon Week! Whether it was wearing team gear, writing in red, wearing red, or wearing their shirts backwards to symbolize turning their backs on drugs, the message is clear: we support an anti-drug community!
Kudos to Sydney who has volunteered to keep the room tidy. She has taken the initiative to neaten up when needed. Thanks, Sydney!
Kudos to Omshreya and Riya who are working so diligently on their Passion Projects! They are working so cooperatively to gather the research, put it together, and create their website. If anyone needs any advice on Weebly, I'm sure these two girls can give you some valuable input. Keep up the great work!